Construction Project Managers
Construction Project Manager plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates construction of civil engineering and building projects, and the physical and human resources involved in the construction process.
Construction Project Managers typically do the following tasks:
- interpreting architectural drawings and specifications
- coordinating labour resources, and procurement and delivery of materials, plant and equipment
- consulting with Architects, Engineering Professionals and other professionals, and Technical and Trades Workers
- negotiating with building owners, property developers and subcontractors involved in the construction process to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
- preparing tenders and contract bids
- operating and implementing coordinated work programs for sites
- ensuring adherence to building legislation and standards of performance, quality, cost and safety
- arranging submission of plans to local authorities
- building under contract, or subcontracting specialised building services
- overseeing the standard and progress of subcontractors' work
- arranging building inspections by local authorities
Do you Wish to Migrate to Australia as a Construction Project Manager?
This occupation is listed on the Australia's Skilled Occupation List (SOL) and the Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List (CSOL) with the ANZSCO code 133111.
The Skilled Occupations List is used for visa subclass 189 (Skilled Independent Visa), visa subclass 489 (Skilled Regional Provisional Visa) and visa subclass 485 (Graduate Temporary Visa) visa applications.
The Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List (CSOL) is used for visa subclass 190 (Skilled Nominated Visa), visa subclass 457 (Temporary Work Skilled Visa) and visa subclass 186 (Employer Nominated Scheme) visa applications.
In most cases, having your skills assessed is a requirement for migration to Australia.The assessing authority for this occupation is VETASSESS.
Construction project manager is classed as Group A occupation and the VETASSESS criteria for skill assessment is to have qualification(s) assessed as equivalent of an Australian Bachelor degree or higher degree with a highly relevant field of study and at least one year of post qualification highly relevant employment in the last five years
According to VETASSESS, a highly relevant field of study is Construction Project Management, which is the study of planning and controlling building projects (ASCED).General management degrees without underpinning or related studies in construction/civil engineering or building would not usually be positively assessed for this occupation. VETASSESS may consider qualifications in Architectural Studies with supporting highly relevant employment a case-by-case basis
Are you Eligible to Live and Work in Australia?
If you wish to check your eligibility to migrate permanently to Australia as a construction project manager, please fill out the below assessment form. The assessment is free. After submitting the form, a registered migration consultant will look into the information and advise you of the outcome of the assessment via your email address.