Civil Engineering Technicians
Civil Engineering Technician conducts tests of construction materials, prepares sketches and tabulations, and assists in estimating costs in support of Civil Engineering Professionals and Engineering Technologists.
Civil Engineering Technicians typically do the following tasks:
- preparing sketches, charts, tabulations, plans and designs for civil engineering works such as drainage, water supply, sewerage reticulation systems, roads, airports, dams, bridges and other structures
- performing and directing fieldwork and laboratory testing
- interpreting work assignment instructions, applying appropriate procedures and selecting equipment
- collecting and analysing data, and carrying out computations
- estimating material costs and ensuring finished works are within specifications, regulations and contract provisions
- inspecting civil engineering works, and organising and supervising maintenance and repair work
- conducting field and laboratory tests of construction materials and soils, and collecting data for traffic surveys
Do you Wish to Migrate to Australia as a Civil Engineering Technician ?
This occupation is listed on the Australia's Skilled Occupation List (SOL) and the Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List (CSOL) with the ANZSCO code 312212.
The Skilled Occupations List is used for visa subclass189 (Skilled Independent Visa), visa subclass 489 (Skilled Regional Provisional Visa) and visa subclass 485 (Graduate Temporary Visa) visa applications.
The Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List (CSOL) is used for visa subclass 190 (Skilled Nominated Visa), visa subclass 457 (Temporary Work Skilled Visa) and visa subclass 186 (Employer Nominated Scheme) visa applications
In most cases, having your skills assessed is a requirement for migration to Australia. The assessing authority for Civil Engineering Technician is VETASSESS .
Civil Engineering Technician is classed as Group C occupation and the VETASSESS criteria for skill assessment is to have qualification(s) assessed as equivalent of least AQF Diploma level with highly relevant field study and at least one year of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years or Qualification/s assessed at least AQF Diploma level with an additional qualification at least AQF Certificate IV in a highly relevant field of study and at least one year of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years or Qualification/s assessed at least AQF Diploma level without a highly relevant field of study and at least two years of post qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years;
According to VETASSESS , for pre qualification employment (if all of your employment is before your qualification assessed at the AQF diploma level), three years of highly relevant employment in addition to at least one year of highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years my be considered.
Are you Eligible to Live and Work in Australia?
If you wish to check your eligibility to migrate permanently to Australia as a Civil Engineering Technician , please fill out the below assessment form. The assessment is free. After submitting the form, a registered migration consultant will look into the information and advise you of the outcome of the assessment via your email address.